Contact Form 7 version 5.4 is now fully supported by PDF Forms Filler for Contact Form 7 starting with version 1.3.9. As stated in the previous news post, there were some breaking changes. All of the problems with the new version have now been resolved. Users that are still experiencing issues are asked to report them to our support section.
Contact Form 7 version 5.4 was released on February 24, 2021. It contains a lot of breaking changes which cause many issues with PDF Forms Filler for Contact Form 7. We are currently working on making PDF Forms Filler for Contact Form 7 compatible with the new version of Contact Form 7. Meanwhile, the solution at this time is to downgrade to a previous version of Contact Form 7 (version 5.3.2). Please take care to not delete your existing forms when you perform the downgrade (don’t delete the Contact Form 7 plugin). You can use the WP Rollback plugin to do the downgrade. Be sure to disable auto-updates for the Contact Form 7 plugin to avoid it being automatically updated again.
The release announcement post by the developer of Contact Form 7 goes into more details about what changed. The changes that affect PDF Forms Filler for Contact Form 7 are as follows:
1. The hiding of
2. Changed output from
3. Download link feature is affected (plain text version of the response message is now shown instead of the HTML version)
We are going to be releasing a new version with compatibility fixes once they become available.
Filling PDF documents with Pdf.Ninja API has evolved! Now users are able to not only fill form fields but also embed images, take screenshots of pages and query for detailed PDF properties and metadata.
The image embedding feature was the most popular among user requests and a great deal of work has been put into designing the new feature. Images can be embedded into every page or on specific pages at desired locations.
Page image feature may also be useful when combined with the PDF information feature to allow users to generate thumbnails of documents and list document details.
See Pdf.Ninja API homepage for documentation.
The PDF Forms Filler for Contact Form 7 WordPress plugin makes use of the Pdf.Ninja API to fill forms in PDF files. However, many enterprise users need the ability to perform PDF file manipulation directly on their web servers. In order to fulfill this need, the enterprise extension plugin was born.
- Enables the use of locally installed PDFtk & QPDF software OR bundled binaries to work with PDF files.
- Does not require rebuilding existing Contact Form 7 forms that use PDF Forms Filler for Contact Form 7 functionality. Simply install the extension plugin and PDF Forms Filler for Contact Form 7 will start using it automatically.
- Retrieve PDF form fields and generate form tags
- Fill the form fields in a PDF file and attaches the file to the submission email message
I am pleased to announce a launch of the web API for working with PDF files. This API provides a number of features that make it easy to perform a set of tasks in constrained hosting environments and browser side code.
- Read PDF file from a publicly accessible URL
- Read PDF file from a POST request
- Retrieve PDF form fields
- Fill the form fields in a PDF file
The API is available at https://pdf.ninja/.